Team Chevelle banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 72 Malibu that the previous owner put an SS dash into. He did the cut and splice. Of course, all of the gauges, dash lights, fuel gage, etc. do not work. I do have all exterior lights, blinkers, etc. working. I plan on keeping the existing wires and correcting the mis-wiring (?) of the previous owner. I have a Haynes manual but the diagram is sorely lacking. Where is my best bet to get the wiring schematic for both the standard Malibu and the SS dash? Any help is greatly appreciated. Also, any suggestions as to where to mount an aftermarket stereo? I do not want to cut the dash. I was thinking about the glove box.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I had the same thing in my malibu. SS Dash and nothing worked. Totally butchered wiring. I decided to replace the dash completely with the correct one for the car. Now everything works as it should. If you want to keep the dash then you will find good info for both dashes in a Factory Assembly Manual. Also, if you do a search here you will find a lot of info on this subject as many people have gone through this. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
71chevelleconvtble,
Thanks for the reply. I did get an e-mail that lays out all of the steps required with pin locations, etc. Once I look this over I will decide whether to make the changes or do as you did and replace with a Malibu dash. If I make the changes I will post the outcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.