Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the power windows out of a 1969 Model Year A-Body fit the doors of 1970 model year A-Body?? IF not why?? is there any way to make them fit??

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
I believe door glass for 69 is unique and will not fit 70-72, that goes for the regulators as well from what I have been told. I doubt a 69 setup would work in a 70, maybe the rears only would work.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well darn, i was hoping if there was any way to make it work i could, i found a really good deal on a set of power windows but they are out of a 1969.. I just wish it would work.

·
Premium Member
19,928 Posts
I'd bet they don't fit. Checking with A1-Electronics that sells OEM-style kits they list 68-72 Elky, 68-70 sedan (post) and 70-72, nothing for 68-69 hardtop/convertible. The fact the 68-69 hardtop aren't included with the 70-72 tells me the 69 won't work the 70 window mechanism.

Have you looked into "universal" kits like those from autoloc.com. I have 4 of these in my 67 and they fit over the factory window crank leaving the original x-mechanism in place in case you ever want to revert back to manual windows. No doors to take off off try to hold the glass up while replacing the x-mechanism and fitting a motor...a fairly simple installation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts