Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a 70 SS under restoration and recently found a loaded 70 Impala with power windows. The question I have is the regulator on a 70 Impala two door custom coupe the same as a chevelle?

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
I think that the power window switches were the same from about '64 through the '70's, I believe. As long as it is a 4-switch it should be the same.As far as the rest of the stuff (motors etc.) they could very well be different. There is a company selling complete power window conversions: Auto City Classic in Minnesota @ (612) 757 - 1921.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ted,

You need to find 68-72 A-body regulators for your PW conversion. I don't think the Impala's regulators will interchange. The motors and switches will though. I did this to my 72 El Camino about a year ago. Not a fun job, but well worth it in the end. Good Luck.

[This message has been edited by jimmy (edited 04-15-99).]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jimmy, I took a close look at each door and it looks like they are very close--especially the doors. Don't know about the rear glass. Anyway, I can borrow the door regulator and see if its a match. I will go from there. I just thought there might be someone out there that might have done it before. The price is really right for the parts and I have seen no other A bodies in yards around here and the few that are here are picked clean. Thanks, Ted

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a follow up. For anyone interested the door regulators for PW's are identical in the full sized 1970 cars and chevelle. Of course the switches are the same and so is the wiring. I checked it against a factory equipped car to make sure. The only difference are the rear regulators which are slightly different. With slight modification they will work also. All around quite surprised and please of the interchange of parts. Also, got the whole works for 40 dollars which made the whole deal sweeter. Thanks for all the help. Ted

·
Registered
147 Posts
$40 bucks! It doesn't get any better than that. I paid $150 and thought that was a good deal. Does anyone know if El Caminos have the same window regulator that Chevelles do? El Caminos have the vent window, and the 70-72 Chevelle doesn't. Does it make any difference?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.