Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a complete set of power windows and locks after checking the wiring all over , i have found a plug on both main harness's [lock and windows] that looks like it should have a relays pluged into them? the window plug is: 3 wires running horizontal, 1 on top 2 below the single: the top single is orange with blk stripe...to the left below, is pink also the this wire has a plug for the fuse box acc style.. to the right of the pink it is a red with blk stripe.all are female tangs. the lock harrness is 3 wires also. the top 1 is horizontal orange with a blk stripe the the wires to the left are 2 yellows running vertical the wires to the right are running verical too the top also and they are tan and orange.all again are female tang..i have not been able to find anything in the books at all .. GM does list a relay for the door set up, and i have that ordered .. but im still trying to find something for the locks...let me know what you all think ... i hope this is not confusing to anyone.i can email pics if need be..thanks

·
Registered
667 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
The orange/blk wire is the main power feed in each harness. The supply comes from the horn relay. A #10 black wire is connected to the horn relay and is routed to the firewall where it connects to a circuit breaker. The other terminal of the circuit breaker will have a #10 orange/blk wire that is routed through the firewall the end of the wire will have three connections for options like power windows, power seat, power door locks, power top, rear power window (wagon). These two harnesses are available from M$H 28220 Power accessory feed wire, horn relay to circuit breaker and 36861 Three cavity connector, circuit breaker to accessory harnesses.

The power window relay prevents window operation when the ignition is off. The pink wire operates the relay it connects to the IGN terminal on the fuse block. I don't have any information on the power door locks. I've never seen the harness. If you would e-mail pics I would greatly appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts