Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a Schematic to use a 3 wire power window switch on a 5 wire system, any help would be appreciated. The links that I did find the pictures are nolonger avaliable on TC.

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Rick

This should work.

You will need 8 automotive relays, 9 if power relay is used. The relays need to be double throw for the windows, the power relay can be single throw, no terminal 87A. Relay bases are nice but not needed, bases and the wire terminals for them are available from Newark They have relays but I don't think they have the double throw.

Edit: The Newark relays are double throw.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
This is another way of wiring the power windows.

Wired as shown in the first diagram, UP does not operate either relay so a relay failure will not leave you with a down window that won't go up. The second diagram uses less 12 gauge wire, as all wiring for the switches to the relays is 14 or 18 gauge, and the switch contacts carry lower current, relay coil current only.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Very much, this helps alot!!

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
Relay info from Newark.

base1 or search on 90F9247. This base has a mounting tab and it is also gangable, two or more bases can be attached to each other.

base2 or search on 90F6083. This base does not have a mounting tab and is not gangable.

Open Barrel Crimp-On Terminal or search on 99b22601. These terminals are held in place after installing in the relay base.

relay1 or search on 34C2486. This relay has no mounting bracket for use on base1.

relay2 or search on 90F8257. This relay has a mounting bracket for use with base2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts