Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I need a PW motor for my 1966 GS, and I'm wondering which cars will swap over with mine. While I'm at it, how about another question? Which year Chevelle power window systems are interchangeable? I mean, could you get away with using a 66 system on a 67, or even a 65? Or are they specific to each year? Hardtop vs sedan vs convertible?
Thanks, as always!

------------------
Tony Nausieda
1970 SS 396-350hp

·
Registered
242 Posts
Tony,according to the Hollander interchange, almost any GM 64-68 is identical,and up to about 75 will work(there are too many interchanges to list). The biggest thing to look for is the wiring connector type, yours should have a round connector, some have flat connectors. Also there 2 different motors, I don't want to call them right or left, because the motor on the left side of your car may be identical to the motor on the right side of another car. The Hollander also states that only 66-67 2-door (A body) door regulators are the same(Hardtop,Convertible,Sedan,and El Camino). As for the quarter regulators, the Hollander does not have a listing on them,but I do know that 66-67 2-door hardtop quarter regulators are different from 66-67 convertible regulators. Hope this helps.

------------------
Ken<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Aces # 125<LI>Team Chevelle # 586[/list]My 67 and other projects

[This message has been edited by KEN67RAT (edited 12-04-2000).]

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ken, that's what I was looking for!

------------------
Tony Nausieda
1970 SS 396-350hp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts