Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am looking for a power trunk solenoid and have seen different styles advertised as being a Chevelle power trunk unit. Does anyone have a picture of what the "correct"
power trunk solenoid unit should look like on a 72 Chevelle?
Thanks!
Mike

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Mike-

That is indeed what you'll need for a 72 Chevelle. I picked one up off ebay a few weeks ago, with that same dark green activation switch. The latch is a simple swappable piece with the stock one, and still opens with a key. It is self grounding with the three mounting screws. Just run a wire thru the inside of the trunk lid, exit it thru the small hole near the hinge, then run under your carpet on the passenger side, up to the glovebox. I cheated a bit and tapped into the orange power wire for the glovebox light for my trunk power. I also drilled a mounting hole into the "roof" or top surface of my glovebox to mount the button. It came out great, can't be seen, and should prevent accidental openings. To make the wiring & hole drilling easier, you may consider removing your dash pad first. My car hasn't been fully assembled yet, so my pad is off right now. Good Luck....keep an eye on that ebay auction referenced by Mr70MonteCarlo....it's a great option!

------------------
Gregg Haskin
72 Chevelle SS
ZZ502 Crated RAT
Muncie M-20 4 speed
TEAM CHEVELLE #726 ACES #4486
"PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!"
“What the heck are all these extra nuts & bolts for?”

My 72 Chevelle SS Restoration Website: www.wcvt.com/~ghaskin

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Would one of those work on a 69 Chevelle?

------------------
Redrum (or Mike)

68 Corvette - 383 CI, 427 HP, 700R4, 12.56 @ 108 MPH
69 SS Chevelle - 502 CI, 610 HP, 2004R, 1320 unknown
97 Z-28 - totally stock still under 12,000 miles

Why does California have the most lawyers in the country
and New Jersey have the most toxic waste sites?

New Jersey got first choice.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Mike
Don't know if these are "correct" for the 69 but the deck lid is the same for those years. It will work.
*EDIT*
Too many Mikes. Redrum Mike's question.

[This message has been edited by John_Muha (edited 04-09-2002).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts