Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have returned two hose already and I cannot seem to get the fitting that hooks up to the pump {The pressure hose} to totally seal, it doesn't pour, just slowly seeps out, should I just use some RTV to seal the threads? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! This has really become FRUSTRATING!!! This is on a 65 Chevelle. Thanks Bryan

·
Registered
287 Posts
I wouldn't use RTV on the threads, rather, try using some plumber's teflon tape. It should be enough to just seal it up properly. If it still leaks, then it could be that you have worn out threads on the pump and the only way to fix that properly would be to replace the pump.

Good Luck, Hope it Helps

------------------
The proud owner of a Canadian 64-SS with ZZ4 Power!
Chesterville, Ontario, Canada.
Team Chevelle Gold Member #37
Canadian Classic Chevelles & Beaumonts Member #350

WebSite www.magma.ca/~ssoltesz/steves/1964.htm

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion. It never occured to me to use teflon tape, I'll give it a try! Later, Bryan

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
the threads shouldnt be making the seal, the double flare on the end of the line should be. Check the seat for the line on the power steering pump and make sure it isnt galled or has any burrs, you may be able to clean it up with emery cloth if it isnt bad.

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
55 chevy prostreet

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Droptop is right,
The thread's don't make the seal, teflon won't help. Check those flare's, I had to really rank on mine to get it to seal.

------------------
Nick P.
Team Chevelle Gold #36

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Droptop is right,
The thread's don't make the seal, teflon won't help. Check those flare's, I had to really rank on mine to get it to seal.

------------------
Nick P.
Team Chevelle Gold #36

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Droptop is right,

------------------
Nick P.
Team Chevelle Gold #36

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.