Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very interested in upgrading my 66 Chevelle with manual steering to power. Can someone who has done this upgrade please tell me what steering box gear ratio they used, and perhaps suggest a reputable source for the steering box and pump?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Hey Bill.
I am just in the process of purchasing parts to do this.
I purchased the AGR (www.agrsteering.com) quick ratio box (12:1) and pump. I also purchased the new pitman arm from Year One, and they also offer the steering coupler, which I need to get soon. Once I get the pump, I will go ahead with getting a pulley and hoses.
AGR has pretty good pricing and their boxes are one of the best around.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
100 Posts
There were several boxes available through the 60's that all fit Chevelles. They were normally rated by number of turns of the steering wheel, lock to lock. Chevelles almost always came with the 4.5 turn. There is also a 4.0, and a 3.5 (from the Corvette). the mounting, etc. is all the same. I use 3.5s on my cars, as I like a quick response, and drive a canyon every day.

Durex is a good rebuild house for pumps & gearboxes. Drop me an Email to [email protected], I can help with some suppliers in SoCal.

·
Premium Member
2,356 Posts
I have one on my 67. I got it from true connections and is 3.0 turnes lock to lock
was like $269

------------------
Hot66ss

66 ss
67 malibu
Aces Member 2380
Team Chevelle member #262
GEN X Member #?(?)
Http://members.aol.com/chvellss

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.