Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a 12-volt source for an electric choke on my 69. There is a terminal on the fuseblock that is only hot when the ignition is on, but I am using this for power to the B&M Speed Control that controls my torque converter lockup function. What is another place that I can get a 12-volt ignition source for my choke wire?

Thanks!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hot wire on wind shield wiper motor, only hot when car is running. some wiper motors have and extra tang that is not used. it is under the wire connector

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I pick mine up from the wiper motor as well. Never a problem.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Isn't the wiper motor terminal "hot" when the key is in the accessary position? I've had my choke hooked up to the "hot" feed of the old TCS relay on the firewall for the last 6 years or so. This is "hot" only when the key is "on".

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tested the wiper motor terminals on my car with the multimeter, and they do have 12v with the key in the accessory position. I don't think my car has a TCS relay (if it did it's gone) so I guess I'm gonna tap into the fuse panel somehow. I'm afraid that if I use the wiper motor I'll forget and play the radio one day in the accessory position and fry my choke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts