Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what needs to be changed to convert a Power glide to a 350th or 400th? the vech is a 64 chevelle with a 327. drive shaft? cross member? flex plate? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know someone asked this bafore you may want to do a search. I am more than likely going to do the same to my 64. It was told to me that the short 350 which is the most popular is a direct bolt in . Someone makes a kit to convert the floor shift to 3 speed auto. search prior posts these guys know there stuff...

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
BrainC,I changed out my PG for a th350 back in March.It was a direct bolt in.Myshifter was on the column so I had to get some of the th350 brakts. to get the shifter to work,but wasn't all that hard.Drive shaft fit fine. Did use the PG rear mount tho.
Do need the kickdown brkt for the carb.
Rick

·
Registered
49 Posts
I run a 350 turbo behind my ZZ3 in my 64 EC. Everything should bolt right up. I did have to build my own crossmember when I added Hooker Super Comp headers though. They didn't line up with the factory X-member humps.

BTW, 350 turbos weigh less than the 400's and can last a long time. Mine ran 2 full seasons in a late model stocker on SC's fastest 1/2 mile dirt track (Lancaster Speedway) before I put it in my 64 for the street. Only thing I did was modify the valve body, change converters and tranny oil. It still works fine.

------------------
Team Chevelle Member #322
Long time Chevelle fan and an owner since 1973 :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.