Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted in transmission section and got no response, i need help wiring in my pro tree trans brake on my PTC Powerglide. it has two white wires on it and that is all! any suggestions!?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok next question lol.. on my shifter button there is two wires, one is going to connect to trans brake and other will go to accessory power?

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Do not use a shifter knob button for the t-brake. Use it for the line lock. Too easy to move the shifter when launching...changing gears.

Pick a dedicated racing button for the t-brake and put it either beside the shifter or on the steering wheel..

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
Do not use a shifter knob button for the t-brake. Use it for the line lock. Too easy to move the shifter when launching...changing gears.

Pick a dedicated racing button for the t-brake and put it either beside the shifter or on the steering wheel..
:yes: You don't want to accidently hit the t-brake button down track. Most newer delay boxes have a time you can set on them for a t-brake lock out.

·
Banned
10,053 Posts
:yes: You don't want to accidently hit the t-brake button down track. Most newer delay boxes have a time you can set on them for a t-brake lock out.
I know our TH400 brake will only work in LOW gear

I think our powerglide is the same way, never tried it in second

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
I've never tried it but, I did hear of a guy that was going though the traps and was trying to kick the car in neutral (Power Glide) and had his t-brake button on the shifter and accidentally hit the t-brake button. It locked up the back tires for a few seconds and put him in the wall.

I don't know if it's true of not but ever since then I have had a timer on my t-brake button.

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts

Agreed. A buddy of mine uses one of these. Micro Switch with Cord. He ran it through his glove box. When on the street, It lays in the glove box. At the track he pulls it out and holds it in his hand. When staged he holds the button down. At launch he just lets go of the whole thing and it flops over to the pass. side and out of the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts