Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '70 El Camino. I wanted to run the power wire to the relay for the fuel pump from the Accessory terminal. I have no power from the accessory terminal. I wanted to turn the fuel pump on with the key. Is it O.K. to use the IGN. I currently have two Autometer gauges powered from the IGN. Can this all be run from there with no fire hazard?

------------------
700R4s are for V-6s

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Won't have a problem with a fire hazard because you tied into the IGN terminal. If you want to be extra safe, add another fuse in-line on the input to the relay coil. This can be added under the dash and won't be as affected by heat. If the relay wire gets damaged somehow, the smaller in-line fuse will blow faster than the larger one in the fuse block.
Your problem with the ACC terminal may be a blown fuse or dirty fuse clips. Check the radio fuse. Believe this is the one that puts power to the ACC terminal.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John. The Radio fuse is blown. So I just change that and the ACC terminal should work? Thanks again for the help it is greatly appreciated.

------------------
700R4s are for V-6s

1 - 3 of 3 Posts