Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am trying to wire up my 67 chevelle and i need to know where the fusebox and interion wires get their power feed from and where it goes to, thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
If this is a factory stock set-up, the main interior feed is a 12 ga. red wire that enters the bulkhead connector on the driver's side of the firewall. It is apart of the forward lamp harness and runs to the horn relay terminal screws for power. The horn relay is next to the radiator on the driver's side. Look for a "squishy" feeling 16 ga. wire that is under one of the horn relay screws. This wire is a fusible link, it is then connected to the red 12 ga. wire (a little rubber barrel covers the connection). The fuse link protects this line and everything down stream (like all the interior circuits).

A wiring diagram is well worth having.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks a lot, i thought it had something to do with the horn relay but i wasn't sure, does the horn relay get its power from the battery?

·
Premium Member
4,478 Posts
thanks a lot, i thought it had something to do with the horn relay but i wasn't sure, does the horn relay get its power from the battery?
Yes. Wiring diagram will show the main power route from battery junction block to horn relay bussbar. Within the harness is a splice for the main power connection to the alternator output stud as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts