Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gotta 70 with all drums what would it take to make them power? anything special besides a booster

·
Registered
336 Posts
You will need a master cyllander and booster combo since the non power cyllander hooks directly to the pedal and the power cyllander bolts on to the booster. I did a power swap on my 73 but I had factory front discs.
On my car the power brakes used a longer pedal and the bracket inside the car had two pivot holes marked M and P, I got the entire bracket and pedal assembly from the junkyard from a power brake Monte to make the swap easier since the pivot was riveted on to the bracket. That unit bolted right into the car and works great. Also the lines from the master cyllander to the porportioning valve will not reach with the booster. IMHO doing all that work is half of the work to swap in front discs, the kits are expensive but have half of the parts you will need to change anyways.

Frank

------------------

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
You won't increase your stopping power, just decrease the excersize your leg gets. Plus you don't have any vaccum worries, etc. Frank hit it on the head, if you're going through all that bother, make it worth your time.

[This message has been edited by Gene Chas (edited 07-26-99).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.