Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am replacing the brake booster on my 70 SS (re-plating). Is there an adjustment spec for the rod that attaches to the brake pedal. My books only give specs for non power brakes. There is about an inch of adjustment on the end of the rod where the clevis attaches??? Old booster rod was adjusted for maximum lenght. Also, should there be a brake pedal return spring? The assembly manual shows 2 types of springs used but I have been told that there was no return spring on the power disk cars? As always, thanks for the GREAT help.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
The service manual give a lot of latitude for the "free pedal" on these. I think that they say one quarter to three quarters inch at the pedal.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Frank, I put disc's on my 66 with a booster and master cylinder off a 70. It had a little clip that went on the pin, (clevis to brake pedal.) A small spring attached to this then to a hole in the support of the brake pedal. I used it with the booster and without the booster, it worked. I think if you use it your brake lights will always go off and the pedal will be against its bumper like it's suppost to be, Hope This is of Help, Rick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.