Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what colour the power brake booster was so that I can repaint it before reinstalling. Also, what colour is the master cylinder, black??

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Keane,
Power brake boosters came from the factory plated a gold cadmium finish. They can be replated for show quality, or painted gold. Regular gold paint does them no justice. Eastwood offers a 4 part "golden cad" spray can system that better duplicates the irridesent finish. The master cylinder is either black, or natural cast iron color, depending on what year it is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Skip, I will look into Eastwoods paint system.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I sent mine to ASL in Sparks, NV. For about $100 they replated and rebuilt the booster. It took less than a week and looks better than new. It evidently is very visible because I get tons of comments on it.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I sent mine to Steve Gregori in California, and for 110$ he rebuilt it, and replated it. Which is cheaper than I could buy a new one for at my local parts store. And i agree it is a very visible part. It really makes a difference in the way your whole engine compt. looks. E-mail me and I can give you his info. or he is on pg. 7045 of the current Hemmings..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again for the advice. I live in Canada (Calgary, Alberta), and I don't know if the price of shipping it down there would be worth it, but I will check into it. For now, it is stipped down to bare metal, and it will stay that way until I find the best solution. It's easy enough to unbolt again. I was thinking of painting them both black (POR 15), to direct more attantion towards the engine... Just a thought.

Thanks, L8R.

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,602 Posts
If you want a low cost solution, I 1st painted my booster silver, then sprayed a ligt coat of gold over that. It looks good. If you want to duplicate the Eastwood system, spray some random patches of green and orange over the silver before the light coat of gold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.