Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just bought the Power Accessory Feed Wire from M&H. I thought that lenght was not going to be more than 3", but it turns out to be about 4'. I know it hooks up to the horn relay and from there it goes to the circuit breaker. I wanted to mount the circuit breaker right next to the horn relay. How and where was the circuit breaker mounted originally? I think I am missing something here.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh I forgot. It's a '72 Chevelle, and the option is for a power seat.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
The wire you bought is for the 68-71 with the horn relay up front next to the radiator. I don't have anything that illustrates the configuration used in 72. Do you want something that will work or are you wanting "correct"?

What I did find leads me to believe that a circuit breaker on the fuse block, top left -accessory- fuse slot, was used in 72. Not all fuse blocks have power and fuse clips in that location.

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Elree Colby:
The wire you bought is for the 68-71 with the horn relay up front next to the radiator. I don't have anything that illustrates the configuration used in 72. Do you want something that will work or are you wanting "correct"?

What I did find leads me to believe that a circuit breaker on the fuse block, top left -accessory- fuse slot, was used in 72. Not all fuse blocks have power and fuse clips in that location.
Well I guess I can look for the accessory slot. If it's not there, what should I use? I might just make my own wire to clip from the horn relay to the circuit breaker. I don't need anything that's correct, just functional.

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I don't have the slot on the fuse panel, what should I do? Should I just cut the wire I bought and make it shorter?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts