Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, a couple years ago I installed a new stereo in my '99 Tahoe. Amp, sub, nothing fancy, but you get the idea. Well, recently the crazy thing has decided that it should play whenever it wants to. I first noticed this when I would go out in the mornings and find the radio playing all by itself. Now, it's gotten to the point that it doesn't respond to any of the key settings (ignition) I have to turn it off, or it will play all night.

So, any ideas? Any responses appreciated.

·
Registered
579 Posts
replace it or send it out for repair, have seen that before and the radio is shorted. corrosion i believe is what causes this, i work on boats and cant tell you how many i have replaced with that problem. have even pulled the fuse too keep them from turning on until customer wanted to replace radio. it is freaky because they will turn on by themselfs.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
As a test, move the stereo switched 12 volt wire to another location. Something that switches off with the ignition, such as the wiper line.
Chevy uses a delay circuit that allows the radio to play for 10 minutes or until you open the door. Maybe something going on with that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts