Team Chevelle banner

Position of Crossed flags

1499 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  1966_L78
I scored a set of bb crossed flags on ebay for $15 now I just need to get them positioned correctly on the fenders. My 66 Elky didnt have the original fenders on it when I got it (previous owner took them for a SS clone chevelle he was building) so he put the fenders from his small block powered car on it. I have filled the old holes from the small block flags and need some dimensions to place the bb flags. If any one knows or could measure the dimensions for me I would greatly appreciate it. I couldnt find this info in any manuals. Thanks
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
anyone?
Hello, I will mesure my 1967 chevelle cross flag holes on the fender and will send you the mesurments tomarrow...
thanks alot
I couldnt find this info in any manuals.
These dimensions are in the assembly manual... At least every copy I have seen (they were all repros too). In the front "body" section...

Because of the "arbitrary" (?) datum used for the emblem layout, I think its easiest to base the BB X-flags off the location of the SB X-flag mount locations (both in the assembly manual, both emblem styles used the same datum for layout)...

Careful, there are alot of cars out there with differing emblem placement, so be cautious with measurements...
I took some info out of the Assembly manual...

All fender emblems (396, Small Block and 6-cylinder) are based on the same vertical centerline...

The manual also shows a horizontal layout line, and uses that same layout line for all emblems...

So if you make a line that bisects the two small block holes (hopefully you can still see the spots), this will give you a vertical datum...

1) Draw a horizontal line through the Small Block Flag holes.

2) Draw a horizontal line parallel to the line in #1, but 0.24 inches ABOVE those holes... This will be the Horizontal layout line...

3) for the BB Flags, the lower holes should be 1.08 inches below the layout line. draw a line 1.08 inches below the horizontal layout line (~0.84 inches below the small Block Flag "line").

4)for BB Flags, the UPPER holes will be on a line 0.14 inches ABOVE the horizontal layout line.

5) draw a Vertical layout line perpendicular to the horizontal layout line, and exactly bisecting the "line" between the two SB Flag holes... This will be the Vertical Layout Line... All the emblems are centered (front to back) about this line...
See less See more
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.