Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just info...

I believe it was the old "Crank and Chrome" show that showed new wire connectors called Posi-Lock. Essentially a plastic-like reusable connector for wiring. Different sizes are available but a typical 12-18 gauge butt connector is a bit larger than an old glass fuze. Unscrews at both ends of the barrel, strip the wire back and insert into the removed ends. Screw the two ends back to the center barrel that has a metal sleeve device inside for connectivity.

Anyway, great replacement for the crimp on style butt connectors. Especially when you're working on your back under the dash and trying to get the crimping tool in place. Again, they are reusable and come in various sizes for different gauge wires. They also make twist wire connectors, inline fuze holders and large to small wire connectors.

I don't sell 'em but I've tried them and they work great. Summit has a ~starter kit~ with mixed sizes. Made by a company called Swenco out of Poplar Bluff, MO. Web site is http://www.posi-lock.com .

------------------
TC Gold #92/ACES #1709
67 SS & 67 Elky
GR8PMKN

Dale's Place Team 67
Midwest Chevelle Regional Governing Council
Integrity: If you have it, it doesn't matter - If you don't have it, it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I use them on everything now.Absolutely won't vibrate or pull loose.I get mine locally at O'Reilly's or at Tractor Supply.Best thing since tie-wraps,silicone,and epoxy(I have made long strides from baling wire,wirenuts,duct tape,and Elmer's Glue!).

------------------
66Malibu/427(R&M/Brodix bb2xheads,dominator);69c10/355(454towmotor ready to go);75c10/358(383 next);65chevyII 2-dr.post/327(project in stasis)

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
"(I have made long strides from baling wire,wirenuts,duct tape,and Elmer's Glue!)" You must have been working on a Ford! Add a hammer and Pliers you got a standard Ford repair kit

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
I agree!!!

One of those things that makes you say "WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT"!!!!!!

------------------
ACES member# 5093
Elcaminos are special!
I'd rather walk around with a Chevrolet hubcap in my hand than drive a Ford

Ole Paint

·
Registered
825 Posts
I wouldnt say that these are new I have had them for 2 1/2 3 years. They are great and I use them till I find the motivation to get the soldering iron and shrinkwrap to completely repair it.

------------------
Deon
72SS454 Clone
My Website

·
Registered
86 Posts
Elree Colby- not for working on a Ford,but have you ever worked on a Fiero? My wife's '88 has been sitting in Bay 3 for 3.5 years.I am in no hurry to a)fabricate Fiero specific tools or lifts to work on it(again), b)try to guess what part is Poncho or Isuzu,or c) finally give up and resort to the aforementioned emergency repair items.Besides, if I fix it now,there goes the back-up plan for a Northstar drivetrain transplant.

------------------
66Malibu/427(R&M/Brodix bb2xheads,dominator);69c10/355(454towmotor ready to go);75c10/358(383 next);65chevyII 2-dr.post/327(project in stasis)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts