1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
greetings,

I've started porting 236 heads today and I need some feedback

the heads had 2.19/1.88 valves previously
also I started to match the intake ports to stock intake gasket a year ago but didn't complete it because I had another set of heads ready

I started cleaning the intake valve area from any casting marks
also I smoothed the edge below the valve seat

then I moved to the intake runner and removed the casting marks ( highlighted in red)

the left port is done while the right is not

Questions,

all exhaust valve guides are flush in the valve bowel area except the one highlighted in red which is little raised

shall I replace it ? cut it ? or let the machine shop press it inside a little bit ?

thanks,
Ahmed

·
Registered
200 Posts
shall I replace it ? cut it ? or let the machine shop press it inside a little bit ?
I would NOT have the machine shop press it. That might disturb the seal to the water jacket. There have been some very good porting threads on here. Have you looked at those threads to get some ideas on whether to leave it or grind the end of the guide off? Jaybird, I think, posted some of his "peanut port" pics a while back.

Those are great pics, btw. The overall shots are very clear. I would like to see more as you make progress if you don't mind.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Does that valve seal OK? They don't look like guide liners .. good work for sure on your porting!! I ported some 049's a few years ago. I had a thread going here maybe you might be able to find it for tips. Definitely, limit yourself if you are a amateur porter. Don't dig any holes to China, just do a basic cleanup. Nice pics!! I was using a old HP digital camera the zoom wasn't good..Your porting experience pics etc should help others for years to come!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Do a search on 236 PP to find a long thread by Mark VortecPro. There u will find good pictures and some really good advice on porting PP heads.

Good luck on porting!

Burt

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.