Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stationary 80 gallon but Im looking for a portable one to use to run a nail gun to build a deck and then a garage. after that it will just be used for normal small jobs where portability is a must. I may even do a little DA work on the chevelle until I get the shop built. No more than it will used for I'm trying to stay under $150. This is the one I have my eye on, anyone know if this will work for air nailers? Thanks

120V, 4HP (peak), 3HP (rated,) 3400 RPM, Air delivery: 4.5 SCFM @ 115 PSI; 5.6 SCFM @ 90PSI; 6.25 SCFM @ 70 PSI; 7.2 SCFM @ 40 PSI; Auto shutoff @ 115 PSI; Restart @ 85 PSI

Its from Harbor Freight - $140.00
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=90234

·
Registered
18,902 Posts
air nailers don't use a hell of a lot of air- well a SINGLE air nailer doesn't- but a DA does.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Nailers can use ANY air compressor, however, your DA on the other hand needs A LOT of CFM. I think the one you are looking at will have problems running a DA. On average you should have a compressor that can deliver around 11-13 SCFM @ 90# to run a DA. Framing nailers run on 2.2 SCFM and a 1/2" Impact wrench as well as a cut off wheel needs some where around 4-5 SCFM @90#.

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
I've got this and it works great with the nailers

http://www.amazon.com/Porter-Cable-CPFAC2600P-2-Horsepower-6-Gallon-Compressor/dp/B00004WGQM

Came as a kit, the AC plus 3 diff guns. Kinda noisy but works well and easy to move around. Not sure if it would have enough to run air tools though
I've got the same pancake compressor. Bought it at Home Depot and came as a kit with one finishing nail gun for around $199, IIRC.
I use it at the track for tire air and it will even drive a 1/2" drive impact gun when changing tires.
Also have used it numerous times on projects requiring my big nail gun. Works well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.