Team Chevelle banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made templates of my new AFR Eliminators out of cardboard, the same thickness as the gaskets I plan to use (FelPro #1205). Taped them tight to the heads, trimmed out the intake ports and then added a few drops of silicone on them, layed the intake (performer rpm air gap) in place and torqued it down with all the bolts. Pulled it off a few days later and this is what I find...

Driver Side

Passenger Side

As anyone can see the ports alignment between the intake and heads are off to say the least. So take the time and grind away? Or leave it alone?

·
Banned
10,053 Posts
I made templates of my new AFR Eliminators out of cardboard, the same thickness as the gaskets I plan to use (FelPro #1205). Taped them tight to the heads, trimmed out the intake ports and then added a few drops of silicone on them, layed the intake (performer rpm air gap) in place and torqued it down with all the bolts. Pulled it off a few days later and this is what I find...

Driver Side

Passenger Side

As anyone can see the ports alignment between the intake and heads are off to say the least. So take the time and grind away? Or leave it alone?
Your photo's are blank, we cant pull them up, or should i say i cant

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
man...maybe I linked to them too quickly since I just uploaded them...

Top 2 pics on this page..

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2468757/2

this work for ya?
Not yet.

Short answer, as long as the intake port is smaller than the head, it will be fine. Any benefit to port matching? Sure in some situations, and it surely will not hurt in almost any situation. If the intake runner gets "necked down" right at the entry to the head, it might well be worth some to gasket match it. If the port in the head is smaller than the intake, you need to work on the head.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man...guess I'll give up on the pics!

So in order to port this intake, what would I be looking for as far as cutting bits go? I have a pneumatic die grinder (1/4" chuck) so that area is covered.

And second, how far up the intake port do I grind?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.