Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw somewhere that 0000 steel wool is good for polishing trim, is this correct? How is this done? Is it better than using the buffing wheel and bench grinder method?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Steel wool is ok to take out surface scratches but you will still need to finish with a buffing wheel. If the scratches are deep, start with 1000 grit wet sand then 1500 then buff with emory and finish with a buffing polish for stainless. If takes me about 20 to 30 hrs to straighten/buff out trim for an average chevelle.

------------------
Steve Strasemeier (70SS)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Best thing I've found for all around metal polish is a product called NeverDull. Small blue/black can. Get it at most parts stores nowadays. A cotton fibre wad soaked in acid and polish of some sort. Seems like a joke until you use it. Takes three or four times to really shine it up. Great for alum. wheels too. Pretty amazing stuff and easy to use. Might just use it for a final buffing after everything else, but the stuff works good. tom

·
Registered
648 Posts
there's a special section in here somewhere that goes all the way through the process. it was taken from one of the tv shows. the heavy-set restorer guy. does anyone remember this segment. sorry for the lack of info but it shouldn't be hard to find. john

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive found that going through over 100 products and having a best friend that ows a auto detailing shop that Lazymans Polish is the best on the market. It completly kicks butt over anything iver ever seen. Its in a white bottle with a rabbit on front. Ive never seen it in any store, only at a near truckstop. I dont know where else to get it but im still looking. It made my dull weathered alumin slots look like brand new chrome. This stuff really works!

Jeremy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.