Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a pertronix 1181ls and matching flame thrower coil tonite. Hope everything works out alright. It should be here by the weekend.:hurray:

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Don't get too discouraged if your don't get a dramatic change in performance. I read some info on line by some dudes that swapped out their points for the pertronix set up on a 70 Corvette with big block. They ran the car down the track before and after the swap and only saw a mild change in the performance. However, once things are set up then you are done. No more need to keep match book cover, spare points and a condenser in the glove box any more!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I just purchased a pertronix 1181ls and matching flame thrower coil tonite. Hope everything works out alright. It should be here by the weekend.:hurray:
I just switched my Brother-in-Laws AMC Javelin's 360cu distributor points out to Pertronix and it works great..:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
i just switched to the Crane version. doesn't have to have the airgap clearanced and the cost is about 2/3s of Pertronix.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. The flame thrower coil just came today.

·
Premium Member
3,974 Posts
No more need to keep match book cover, spare points and a condenser in the glove box any more!
I would not go so far as to say that. They are great when they work. When they fail, the don't work....at all.

I installed a Pertronics in my 57 in 2003. It failed in less than a year. I had to install points and condenser to get home. Pertronics replaced the unit with no questions.

So, I would recommend carrying points, condensor and sufficient tools to install and adjust the points.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts