Team Chevelle banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, what size pipe does this kind of toilet system need to connect/discharge into? I only have a kitchen drainpipe in my basement ceiling that I can tap into, but its only 1 1/4. The stack is not in the basement believe it or not, its in the kitchen wall and ties into teh septic tank outside, so I can't get to it.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
The sewer line that comes up to the toilet bowl is 3" or 4". You can use either size. Home Depot sells a floor flange that comes from either size that bolts to the bowl. You would probably need to add a sewage pump to pump the drainage up to the 1st floor.
Sorry this is wrong. I was not sure what a macerating pump was until now. I looked it up.

·
Registered
124 Posts
3/4'' is the smallest you can use for a macerating toilet.
Simple basement plumbing solutions for the toughest of upflush installations. We have the solution. This innovative product uses the same amount of water as low-consumption toilets, but uses a grinder pump to assist with flushing uphill. PlumbingSupply.com is your source for these quality macerating sewage ejection toilets and thousands of other plumbing and plumbing-related products

Saniplus Systems

This macerating toilet system features:
High level of styling that makes it the ideal centerpiece for a modern bathroom
Environmental friendly
Requires 1.6 US gals of water per flush, less than 1/3 of what most conventional toilets require
Great styling, ease of installation
Dimensions: 12"H x 21"W x 9"D (pump only)
Motor: Induction
Amperage: 4.5
Voltage: 110
HP: 0.4
Head Feet: 12
Volume g/m: 7.35
Size Discharge: 3/4"
Maximum Temp: 104°F
Toilet seat sold seperately

·
Registered
14,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys mean a discharge line as small as 3/4 can be used?

·
Registered
14,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, looks like it can discharge through a 3/4" pipe.

My next question for you guys is: does any kind of venting need to be done for this. I will probably also install a sink too and have the macerator pump it out.

http://www.saniflo.com/

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm a plumber in Philly. I just put a mascerating system in last week. It calls for a 3/4 discharge. If you go to the website, i think it's sanipro.com, you can download the paperwork that tells you all the specs. They tell you to use long radius elbows and it's best to go up to a highpoint and then from there pitch the pipe down towards your tie-in point. Don't run the discharge on a 45 degree angle either. They also don't want you to use soft tubing (i.e. flexible pipe). I always run the discharge in 3/4 copper, and then the wastelines and vent in 1.5" pvc. If you need any more advice let me know. Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts