Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I use the MSD Heli-Core wires on my sbc. Had them for over a year w/ no problems. Under 50 bucks through Summit.

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
If you don't want the GM wires then go with the Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm. They are a very low resistance wire and beats Accel. You can also buy the kit for top post style like the original GM for the dist. If you don't like the Taylor plug ends then do what I did. Replace the plug ends with the GM boots from your old set of GM wires. Use spray silicone to install both ends.

Mark

G

·
I have to agree with COPO, I like the Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm. I've run the Accels, Moroso's and the Jacobs. The Accels did seem that great and I had the end come off one of the wires. The Moroso's were pretty good except that I had the "blue glow" around the plug boot all the time. I would remedy it with dielectric grease but that would only work for a few months. The Jacobs developed really high resistance do to a "break" in them. I think their graphite core is too brittle and seemed to deteriorate with vibration. I had a friend ruin a brand new set just by putting them in the looms, they were warrantied but who needs the hassle. The Taylors look good and have that nice "snap" when you put them on, no leaks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
COPO hit the nail on the head. I've got the Taylor Spiro Pro's on my healthy 468. They look great and have had absolutely no problems. You can get them mail order for a very reasonable price, also. Just my .02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.