Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to run my wires under the headers and back along the block to hide them. Noticed on the block near the top of the deck there are two small threaded holes.

Is there some type of loom/wire holder set (even a simple one as they wont be seen) that I can screw in there, kinda like the early Vettes used?

Using 8mm Mallory pro wire most likely. Is there one I can use along the back of the block also to organize them?

Its been awhie, always had the ones that screwed into the valve cover before.

·
Registered
18,901 Posts
small block?
if so, Chev passenger car motors from 78 to 93 and pickups from the late 70's to 87 ran the wires under the manifold on the passenger side- or was it the driver's side?- it wouldn't be that hard to modify a junkyard bracket to run the wires on both sides.
i know someone will come on and say that they used some Moroso or whatever looms, but i'll take GM engineered stuff any day over cheap aftermarket stuff.

·
Gold Founding Member
10,967 Posts
I built my own...

·
Registered
4,759 Posts

·
Gold Founding Member
10,967 Posts
Just wondering, what kind of intake manifold you got there Schurkey??
Offenhauser 3X2, Chrysler 440-6 pack carbs. I'm the third and sixth owner of that system. Yes, that's a full-size HEI on the back. No, making it all fit was not easy. That photo was from the trial-assembly; it's many, many years old. Engine has been in the car and drivable for maybe ten years--I kinda forget when I installed it.

Just bought an Offy cross-ram; and an Edelbrock Performer RPM. I'll be playing games with that this summer.

Interesting, thanks.

Are you running a short water pump by chance, what kind of alternator/bracket setup is that?
Yes, short water pump. Home-fabricated lower alternator bracket to match the home-fabricated plug wire looms. Standard GM alternator bracket on the pivot end--I just swung the alternator about 160 degrees downward.

·
Gold Founding Member
10,967 Posts
You wouldnt have a better pic, would you Trying to get some ideas..Had a mini alt built (toyota case) and Ill have to make my own bracket.
A better picture of the alternator bracket? Again, from many years ago during the trial-assembly. In "real life" there is of course a spacer on the pivot bolt--standard GM parts. My fabricated bracket looks a lot like the bottom part of a hockey stick. I guess that happens when you live this far North.

http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/showphoto.php/photo/2002/cat/500/ppuser/1117

1 - 9 of 9 Posts