Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am writing this post about the six firemen that lost their lives this past friday in Worcester,Mass in that horrible fire. I live in Mass myself and also fairly close to the city of Worcester and I was a firefighter myself for 5 yrs. Today while I was working I had the radio on in my excavator and listened to the whole service they brodcasted. It really hit home with me,I have two great kids and a wonderful wife and there were many nights I ran out to fires and she was always waiting for me to get home and thank god I always came back safely. I am really sad about the families these guys had waiting at home for them. A total of 17 children lost there fathers.I would like to post the address for the family fund and anybody interested can send donations. I will get the address from the chief of the department I worked for or if you see the one the news stations have been showing please try if you can to give just a little if you can. Thanks for reading this, Scott Trufant Here is the address Firefighters Fund c/o Flagship Bank 120 Front St. Worcester, Mass 01608

[This message has been edited by Scott67 (edited 12-10-99).]

·
Registered
948 Posts
Is this the one where the homeless people set fire to a building & the firefighters died while trying to put it out?

------------------
Jay W.
In-the-works 67 Malibu
surferwagons.8m.com

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Jay thats the one. It's a shame they had to die but they were doing the job they love. And they were trying to save people they thought were in there. Thats the thing about being a firefighter your job is risking your life to save others. It makes me feel good to see all the people from all over the country also the world that came for the ceremony today. Maybe this world ain't so bad after all.

------------------

Scott

·
Registered
19 Posts
firefighters are the true modern day heros. This is truly a tragedy. Our prayers are with those men and thier families.

·
Registered
51 Posts
God bless those men for their combined years of protecting the public, and in paying the ultimate sacrifice in serving their community. God help their families as they try to get through the holidays with the terrible pain from thier loss. I hope the communities they served will care for those families with the same courage and selflessness those men showed in saving others lives. Let this tragedy remind us all that nothing is so precious as our lives...Hug your kids, kiss you wife, and spend some quality time these holidays expressing your pride, love, and happines to each and every one who should know it. There's no telling when and if you'll have an opportunity to do it again.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
We must never forget that life's true heroes don't bounce, hit or throw a ball. These brave men risk their lives every day for a lot less money than our athletes make. They don't complain, they don't strike,they just do the job and pray they go home each night. My sympathies are with their families.
kevin d

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.