Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm (quite) sure it's not Chevrolet, but please forgive. I promise not to stray again!
Since I cannot enable an image (right?) I'll have to describe the layout. Plastic, molded woodgrain face; circular vent (left end), 8,000 tach; vertical, 3spd. shift indicator; 130 mph speedo w/trip meter; clock; temp & fuel sweeps; gen. & oil idiots; and cig lighter (far right). I cannot locate any mfgr logos, but am guessing early to mid-70s Trans Am? I can e-mail images to anyone interested in assisting me further. Thanks!

------------------

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
You can't put an image in this forum, but you can put up a link to one if you have it on the web. I think you'd get more replies that way. And I'd like to see it anyway.

------------------
My Web Page (updated 11-24-01)

"America will endure!"

Chad Landry
TC Member #643
ACES Member #04556
'68 El Camino

·
Registered
29 Posts
sure e-mail me the picture, i have a firebird so i might be able to identify it. if it's from a trans am it will have a clock near the tach. there are some other details, but i can tell you when i see it.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Sounds like a early second generation Camaro. I have the both a Camaro and a Trans Am Gauge cluster. Does the redline on the Tach start at 5700? if so then it's a Firebird. The Firebird has a clock on the Tach and the speedo goes to 160. Now he is a little known secret, a lot of the GM cars used a standard size gauge package and you can remove the gauges from the case and then install them in a different vehicle gauge case. You can use them in a Chevelle with round type gauges, I am going to use the ones I have in a early GTO, it sure beats paying $500.00 for a used set of gauges on Ebay. Once installed only a trained eye will ever know the difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.