Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 65 Chevelle SS needs to have the center conslole refinished as well as the the instrument panel.
Are they the same material and refinished the same way?
Is the instrument panel all chrome or was it chrome/black combo?
Seems like the people I have seen have an all chrome look...
Also, on the center console, was that all chrome or did that have a chrome/black type of finish?
My instrument panel might have been cleaned with a strong detergent and exposed the black coloring.....???
Thanks,
Jack

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey Jack,
I have a 65 SS Coupe; The dash is vacumn plated plastic. It look chrome but it is pretty soft and gets dull with time. Got mine replated by " Mr G's" in Ft Worth Tx. (817) 831.3501. Cost $79 and they did a great job. After it is chromed the inside of each gauge bezel is painted satin black, if you want it "correct". The console is diecast some call it "pot metal" it is chrome plated. Mine had the center divider detail painted satin black also. Mine is kind of pitted and I tried to find a cleaner replacement with no luck. To my knowledge nobody is making an aftermarket replacement, so hang onto yours. Hopes this helps. mgg

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Manny,
Appreciate your response. I need to have teh both done and I thought there was some blacd involved.
$79.00 is a nice price, did that include
the satin black applied?
How much does the plating for the center console cost?.
My console is in good shape, just needs a little chroming to make it stand out.
Seems weird that something as cheap as a pot metal part isn't made..... not enough demand I guess.

Thanks for the info,
Jack

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.