Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that the plastic inner fenders don't fit well, I was wondering why not because I have them in there now and they seem to fit fine, I just want new ones because of a few cracks, or should I go with the steel ones?? What are your experiences?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Hey Dan, my car came with 1 plastic and 1 steel from the factory. Both fit perfectly, but the plastic side pretty much broke down after all those years, especially around the mounting holes to the fender. Not ideal, so I hunted a steel inner fender to match the one on the drivers side, no regrets at all. Personally, if you plan to keep the car for years, go with the steel, just my choice.

------------------
My70ChevelleSS

·
Registered
834 Posts
I have steel ones and am glad I do. I have a set of plastic ones lying around too and they're pretty flimsy, they would definitely not stand the test of time. Unless your anal about front end weight go with steel.

------------------
Chris Dagenais
Saskatchewan
'71 Malibu with a home built 454!
"Hard work MAY pay of in the long run, but laziness pays off NOW"
My Page

·
Premium Member
5,542 Posts
I have owned two 69 Chevelles, one with plastic inners and my current one with steel. I prefer the plastic. They are easier to install, and they don't have to be painted. There were problems a few years ago with fit for the plastic, however, I believe the plastic fender design has been tweaked and this is no longer a problem.

------------------
Dan Orgill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.