Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my steering box back from the shop.
They left my pitman arm loose, shall i just tighten the bolt down to snug it up or was it left that way so i have some room to adjust it to center?

Also, on my old rag joint there is a wire with brass type conectors, looping from one screw to a fixed type pin. What is it for?

BTW Thanks to TOM L. for recomending Harrys Steering Gear in Frazer, they do beautiful work!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Not sure about your question, but am curious about how much you paid. Sounds like you had a complete re-build done. Would appreciate a name and number for this service. I may choose to ship them my 67 box. Was yours a manual or power unit? Thanks.
John Walker

·
Registered
13,035 Posts
The bent up brass looking thingy is another one of GM's way of hooking up a ground. It is there to provide a ground path for the column.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jmw,

Yes they did a rebuild, and a worm reduction with a smaller input shaft for "Road Feel".
also provided a new(rebuilt) rag joint for the smaller 25 spline shaft.

I originally walked in, steering box in hand and some information from this site, They were very happy with the positive experience Tom L. had posted.

Picked it up today and it was sandblasted, clean, and looks brand new. But I Know it will perform beter than new! can't wait to try it out, have to let the por-15 dry before installing.

Here's the info:
Harry's Steering Gear Repair, Inc.
33450 Groesbeck Highway
Fraser, MI 48026
(810) 296-2920

Highly Recomended! let em know you learned about them from Chevelle Tech, They will take care of you!

So excited forgot to tell you $150+tax, the rag was $28. I have power steering.

Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Radd (edited 05-11-99).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.