Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant find any info in my manuals on pilot bushings. I got the old one out thanks to your suggestions. But just to make sure, which way does the new one go on? It has a rolled like roundy part where the muncies input shaft rides on one side, and a squared end on the other. The old one had no roundy inner part on either side. I think the roundy inner part goes out. Am I correct on this? I dont want to go through the hassle of removing it if I had it wrong.

Thanks, Chris R.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yup, the roundy part faces out.

------------------
Team Chevelle Gold #33
ACES Member #02913
Chevelle Club of Michigan
Livonia, Michigan

W

·
0 Posts
Hey guys, Moroso make a nice roller pilot bearing for SB and BB.

------------------
Wally
Gold #67
67 malibu

·
Registered
12,979 Posts
Yes Chris,
The roundy part goes out. To install a bushing, you can use an old tranny input shaft to tap it in with the bushing surface flush with the hole face in the crank. If you install a bearing, you really need to use a puller so that you don't damage the bearing. GREASE IT REAL GOOD AFTER INSTALLATION!!!!!!!

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Registered
339 Posts
Remember when you're pounding the bearing in that you are also pounding against the engine main thrust bearing too. Take it easy. Save the 'one whack it's in' for those 16 penny nails. tom

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've heard there is quite a procedure for indicating a roller bearing and that a bushing is a little more forgiving. Am I wrong?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.