Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you have asked for pictures of the pulleys and Gear Vendors unit. I have added them to my web page.

The Pulleys are for a single belt surpentine system, and they are beautiful. The picture does not do justice to them.

Also, the water pump is Stewart stage 2, hand polished aluminum, short reverse rotation.

The GV/TH-400 combo unit is guranteed to 1200 HP, tranny warrantied 1 year, GV 2 years.

Let me know if you have any questions about the installation. The most challenging part was notching the crossmember (which you would not have to do if you had a stamped crossmember) to make the CV fit. But with the right tools (that fortunatelly my neoghbor has) it is 1/2 job.

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/yziomas/68chevelle.html

·
Registered
171 Posts
That looks really good; should give you no problems. How are you going to activate the OD? Are you going to use the speedo cable transducer or some sort of switch in the car? I have a B&M shifter handle with a on/off switch installed in it but am currently using an additional hi-beam type switch on the floor to turn mine on and off.

------------------
68 Malibu B&M blown 350, TH350 with 10" converter and Gear Vendors overdrive, 12 bolt-3.90 gears
69 CST Pickup original 396, TH400 factory AC/PS/PB
99 Harley Dyna Wide Glide
91 Sportster 883- now a 1200!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob,
I have the B&M handle with the switch on it to use.
How easy was it to get use to it?
Thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
It's a piece of cake! You can go into (or out of) OD at anytime at any speed. I usually use mine as a 'fourth gear'; that is I shift into OD after the trans shifts into third. The only thing I noted (and it scared me at the time) is that when the OD is activated and you go into reverse the car was 'shuddering' for lack of a better word. I thought the trans was coming out. Turning the OD off eliminates this from occuring. I think you will be very pleased with it. I am thinking about installing my B&M handle as well. Sometimes I hit the hi-beam switch on the floor instead of the OD!

------------------
68 Malibu B&M blown 350, TH350 with 10" converter and Gear Vendors overdrive, 12 bolt-3.90 gears

·
Registered
501 Posts
Can I put a GV OD on my muncie? Whats the scoop with that?

------------------
350 TBI EFI 4speed 12bolt 3.73's
Bench Blue w/black inter. [email protected]
"UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!" Beldar

My 69 Chevelle

·
Registered
171 Posts
Check out their web page http://www.gearvendors.com they list truck four speeds and say call the factory about cars.

------------------

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a question for you, what is the diameter of your power steering pulley? I am looking for a smaller one than the one I have.

Thanks,
Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.