Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,015 Posts
here's a couple of pic's and vid's from today's Summit race. Went 3 rounds again so that's a good day for me.

time trial pic's..

first vid guy was just getting points cause his car wasn't running. I knew he couldn't run his number so I dialed it fast to make sure I didn't break out..10.28

this was my last run. We picked up the Fontana tail wind so I dialed it fast by 2 hun but still broke out by .009!! You know...if you bother to look at the other guy you might know you have him covered and can lift...what a dummy....:yes:

;)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Re: pic's and vid's form today

I love the sound on that last video! Always like the shot from the end of the track just for the sound. Car looks amazing like always Davey!

So was it the fuel that dropped a .10 off yesterday or did weather change?

·
Premium Member
11,301 Posts

So lets see, it's the middle of February, we are having to endure a very harsh California Winter and you make fun of the rest of the Country by posting stellar Pics of Drag Racing. Ain't life grand? :yes::yes: Lookin Good as usual.

·
Premium Member
7,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I love the sound on that last video! Always like the shot from the end of the track just for the sound. Car looks amazing like always Davey!

So was it the fuel that dropped a .10 off yesterday or did weather change?
Chris the weather was a bit off from yesterday and the track wasn't as good either. Actually it posted a couple of 10.24's and a 10.23 so it wasn't far off. It didn't seem to like the 110 and much as the MS109 though...naturally, the 109 is more expensive...:(

Wow sweet! We don't start racing until June at Woodburn. Where are the spectators? Is it part of the Fontana Nascar oval?
Thanks Dave, Woodburn's a good track, I used to live in West Linn. The stands have not come into view yet in those shots, the strip is north of the oval.

Nope, it's a converted parking lot that sits beside a dirty railroad track. BTW what is a spectator, the guy he raced or what?:D
now Dave, Dan's being a little harsh here but he's one of them Irwindale groupies..:D btw..Irwindale is a converted driveway....;)

Great pics and video. You definitely got that thing dialed in.
thanks Del, won't be long until you're tearing it up with that MJ motor!!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts

second video was perfect for me. car sounds & looks great ! hmardown

·
Registered
1,916 Posts

Damn Davey, you have that thing leaving perfectly.....clean and quick right from the hit.

Out of curiosity, have you ever raced it with exhaust on it? I'm wondering how much my full system is hurting me....

It's crazy how strong your car runs in that $hit air you guys have out there. You definitely have that combo dialed in...

·
Registered
637 Posts

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Ken/Carlo/Scott..thank you guys..I appreciate it....

thanks Alan, I've never run it with full exhaust since I got serious about racing it. I do have some 3 1/2" race Borla's I run at tracks that require mufflers and if they hurt at all it would only be a hun or two....

I'm thinking of maybe taking it up to Sacramento to see if I can get some better air just to see what it would do...;)

·
Premium Member
11,301 Posts

At least Irwindale has a Rock Quarry next to it.:D I like Irwindale over Fontucky for only one reason...... It's half the distance from here. Neither are what I would call a real track and they are certainly both gross afterthoughts. Regardless, I don't think that Chevy could get any prettier than it is. Beautiful Launches.:yes:

·
Premium Member
7,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

thanks Dan....yeah once you've been to some place like Vegas they don't look all that great. At least now that the Fontucky lawsuit has been settled the new track director (Mark Dawson) has some really good plans for the track. There will be a new sound wall that should hide the trains some and he has a lot of improvements in the works. He is a racer friendly guy who is out in the lanes during the meets getting to know people and listening.

One nice thing is that the Division 7 Summit ET finals are at the track this year so there will be a push to get it fixed up for that I'm sure...we'll see....;)

·
Premium Member
7,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

thank you sir....;)

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts

You and Dave are the poster children for doing more with less ;) Must be a "Dave" thing. I hope mine runs as good as your's pound for pound.

·
Premium Member
7,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I'm sure your car is going to run just fine Ken...Dave has certainly done more with his than I have but thanks.....;)

·
Registered
632 Posts

Looking good as usual! I need to move where its warm so I can get more racing in!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts