Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
Same here Derek. It took my buddy next door 40 mins to clean off the city sidewalk in front of the house. The drifts were over 3 ft to 4 ft in spots. wet & heavy. My Wife is home. her work shut down yesterday & today. My daughter & her husband have been home for both days. My other daughter is in Bloomington. She said she'll be home tonight. Man o man. Not going out there till it stops blowing around. Sunday near 40. & sunny. going to be a lot of water out there.

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
What a waste!
All the ice and so little beer. :(
I know your pain...lived in Buffalo the first 34 years of my life. Never have missed that crap...

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
What a waste!
All the ice and so little beer. :(
No kidding! I ran out of beer last night.

Worst part is I couldn't make it to a store to buy something for my wife's birthday, and we couldn't get out the driveway to go out to eat. :clonk: As soon as I can get out, I've got to redeem myself with some late birthday presents... All the parts I've been buying for her wagon didn't satisfy her. :D

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
In the past almost 4 hours, I have helped exactly 3 techs.

The snow was bad enough we had to clear off the satellite at home. Been tolerable other than that.

·
Premium Member
Central Iowa
2,151 Posts
This will give you a flavor of the kind of drifts Im dealing with this morning...The picture of the truck is after I managed to get it stuck (took me an hour and a half of digging to get it unstuck).

Looks like it is going to be a quiet weekend at home!

Dana,
I thought you lived in town on the west side... you must be out in the country a bit? Where abouts are you as its not that bad in the DesMoines area. At least not on the north side of town where I live.

Dan

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm 2 miles west of Grimes. It definately is a different world out here than it is in town (or at least that is what I'm hearing!). I'm just getting ready to go out and try to do some more plowing.

I used to live over by Veterans Hospital, then moved out to Grimes (in town). Moved to the acreage 2+ years ago.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Is there a driveway in that mess somewhere? Just be thankful it was not ICE...

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
No kidding! I ran out of beer last night.

Worst part is I couldn't make it to a store to buy something for my wife's birthday, and we couldn't get out the driveway to go out to eat. :clonk: As soon as I can get out, I've got to redeem myself with some late birthday presents... All the parts I've been buying for her wagon didn't satisfy her. :D
Ran to the store for beer and milk last night, out of milk, guess we will have to drink beer!:beers:
Is there a driveway in that mess somewhere? Just be thankful it was not ICE...
If it is like here, there is a good two inches of ice under all that snow. :sad:

·
Premium Member
Central Iowa
2,151 Posts
I'm 2 miles west of Grimes. It definately is a different world out here than it is in town (or at least that is what I'm hearing!). I'm just getting ready to go out and try to do some more plowing.

I used to live over by Veterans Hospital, then moved out to Grimes (in town). Moved to the acreage 2+ years ago.

Wow... I am only 10 miles east of you so we must have just missed the edge of the storm and you did not. Havent seen anything close to that drifting closer to DM and I am just outside of town where it is usually worse than in town.

Dan

·
Premium Member
Central Iowa
2,151 Posts
Ran to the store for beer and milk last night, out of milk, guess we will have to drink beer!:beers:

If it is like here, there is a good two inches of ice under all that snow. :sad:
Yep... ice and slush under all of the snow here also. After tonight when it gets colder it will be all ice probably. Stuff sure is hard on the plow truck thats for sure. (HEAVY):(

DANO

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
More photos taken about 10 minutes ago. The drifts are continuing to grow! That dog kennel is 6 foot tall. The drift in the center of the kennel is as tall as the fence. We're going to have to go out and knock it down as Hank almost has it figured out on how to escape! (check out the second photo!)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts