Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting things ready for re assembly. I've been chasing bolt holes, cleaning threads, ungunking cam lobes, lifter valley, lifter bores, cylinder walls till I'm cross eyed. So I wanted to see if the new valve covers, and my manifold had any issues, and decided to take pictures. Of course there were no problems. Rick at Firecore made the wires. Hats off to Mike, and the rest of the builders here, that cleaning stuff is tedious. My shop light is a bit bright for my phone, sorry.

·
Registered
625 Posts
That's one stellar looking piece you have there Mike! Nice job! And I love the dual quad EFI system, very impressive looking. If she runs just half as good as she looks, you're in for a lot of fun!

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Interesting, is the word I'd use. I don't believe I've ever seen a water jacket manifold like that, and you're making a BBC look kind of like an LS with the coil packs. Dual throttle bodies are also pretty cool. Pretty neat setup Mike!

Now all you need is one of those Lewis Racing Engines banners like Mike has in his dyno room.

Looks good, so throw some bolts in there and get it put together! hahahahaha

·
Premium Member
13,086 Posts
Hmmm,, someone has been busy LOL,,
Looks great Mike,,, good to see you getting to make a bit of headway been a long process for you, one step forward,, three back :thumbsup:
How is the car coming?

·
Premium Member
9,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ran out of time on the bolts, another procedure to go through, and deal with, but getting there. I'd settle for a sticker:pLOL. The suspension is done, the welds in the floor pan are mostly sealed up. The trans tunnel/firewall need to be finalized, trans cross member needs to be modified since the cage /frame gussets block the original mounting holes, get the glass back in the doors just a few more things.:D

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Looks great. I like clean/simple looking engines and engine compartments. This is going to be sweet!

Can't wait to see the "clutch dump" video!!

JIM

·
Premium Member
9,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is the clutch on the bench in the background.LOL

·
Premium Member
9,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You, and me both Dan, it can be frustrating to not be able to just work on the car 100%. The yard is nagging me now.....

·
Premium Member
9,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
There are some pretty potent LS combos out there, but I like mine just fine. Between Mike, and Doug Flynn at Holley, I have been very well taken care of in the EFI department. This is all Jim Moore's fault though.

·
Premium Member
13,086 Posts
There are some pretty potent LS combos out there, but I like mine just fine. Between Mike, and Doug Flynn at Holley I have been very well taken care of in the EFI department. This is all Jim Moore's fault though.
For sure,,,
That Jim Moore guy will get you in all sorts of trouble :D

·
Premium Member
Bill
1,494 Posts
I was checking out your 'showroom' pics. I didn't know Hawaii had a drag strip. You are living the dream!

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
There are some pretty potent LS combos out there, but I like mine just fine. Between Mike, and Doug Flynn at Holley I have been very well taken care of in the EFI department. This is all Jim Moore's fault though.
This is true.....but most of them have hair dryers hanging off them. That's cool too but it's not like that!

·
Premium Member
9,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bill we have 1 of the 3 tracks still running in the state. First opened in 1972, we just had a 5 million dollar renovation to the racing surface to NHRA specifications. I need to get my sh!t together, so I can enjoy it.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
I've been called the "Temptor". I like to think of myself as an "enabler" I just encourage folks to do what they really wanted to do all along!!:beers:

JIM

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
I've been called the "Temptor". I like to think of myself as an "enabler" I just encourage folks to do what they really wanted to do all along!!:beers:

JIM
Yeah, like spend more money ! :D l:) :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts