Chevelles.com banner

Performer or Performer rpm

• Get the rpm, will be the best for this combo and you can keep it for later builds

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • Get the rpm, it´s not the best for this combo, but will be a nice intake to have later

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Get the performer, it will be the best for this combo and an improvement over stock.

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Don´t waste my time with stupid polls like this, won´t notice the difference between the two ! ;-)

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I´ve one of the guys who´s never understood why someone would get the performer intake, when you get the rpm that does the same thing only better...

Combo
305 HO (220 hp version, 9,5, 416 heads)
Lunati 60100 cam - initially wrote 60101 :eek: sorry !
Intermediate Headers
q-jet and Hei dizzy

Would you get the performer intake or the rpm ?

I`m building this for mpg but hoping to have 230-250 hp too.

If I get the rpm I can use it later on, if I decide to change the block out to a 350 too, on the 305 I guess the performer would be sufficient, but AM I giving up mpg with the rpm version ?

And do you think I will get more hp with the rpm ?
The cam is listed as a 1000-5000rpm basic operating range. (maybe a tad higher on the 305 - but limited by stock valvesprings)

·
Registered
535 Posts
third option, Performer EPS. That said I have seen the difference personally between the straight performer and the RPM. My theory is that the RPM, while intended for slightly higher RPM was just a more refined and improved version of the relatively-old Performer. Just like heads and cams, with time and technology things have just gotten better and more flexible. Just a theory.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I voted for Performer but if you go RPM make sure you get the one with dual bolt pattern for both squarebore and spreadbore.

Marcus

·
Registered
160 Posts
With HEI, or multiple spark ignition, & electric choke, I'd use the Air Gap w/your combo in a New York second

Similarly to your original comment, can't see why any one would want the RPM over the Gap.

:beers:

·
Registered
221 Posts
I voted performer. I put one on my 350 with HEI, smogger heads, stock manifolds dual exhaust. Made it more responsive, and was cheap too. I think my next addition will be a lunati 60101, too.

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I voted performer. I put one on my 350 with HEI, smogger heads, stock manifolds dual exhaust. Made it more responsive, and was cheap too. I think my next addition will be a lunati 60101, too.
Oh man ! I did write 60101, was going back and forth between the 60100 and 60101 and now I got myself confused.

I changed the first post to 60100 so it should be okay now that´s the cam I bought, for those who would have voted differently I`m sorry.. !

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
I voted performer.

If you don't mind repairing a stripped bolt hole or two, I have one that I'll give you Remi. With some of the work I've seen you post on TC, I'm sure it is something you're capable of. Just an offer. Free if you want it...

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you serious Jake ? if so: WOW that is extremely kind of you :) I think I´ll have to take you up on that offer ! Can I come pick it up tomorrow ?? LOL
I have an adress in New Jersey you can ship it to though, if you´re serious ! I´m speechless of the kindness ! And it´s not even christmas, it sure just felt like it now !

I´ll pm you the details for shipping adress and if you have a paypal account I`ll pay the shipping thru paypal, or send the bucks in an envelope or something..

Thanks just doesn´t cut it, but anyway THANKS ! Both for the compliment and offering

·
Premium Member
4,777 Posts
Performer... I have a Performer EPS on the 283, but I doubt I'll ever notice the difference....

PS- You rock, Jake-:beers:

·
Registered
413 Posts
For a cruiser, street truck or fairly stock engine the performer is the way to go. For moderate performance the RPM is best. I have an RPM square flange and an RPM dual pattern. Not sure which one to use ? Also have a Holley 3310 750cfm and a stage 2 Jet Quadrajet. Both new. Which one to use on my 383?

·
Registered
413 Posts
71 chevelle. 383 9.7-1 comp, RPM heads, 268 voodoo cam, th350 with 2400 stall, 3.55 posi.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Id probably go with the RPM since the regular performer isnt much more than a warmed up stock intake. If you do run the performer, stick a 3/4" spacer on it...........will make a very noticeable difference, especially in the midrange........

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You know when people say:
"he's the man" or "you gotta go see the man" and so.

As far as I'm conscerned.
Jake; YOU'RE THE MAN !

I'm grateful !
Thank you :)
And when time comes I promise, this intake will be given away and not sold, pass it on ;-)

·
Premium Member
4,777 Posts
Way to make that transaction, guys----:beers:

You live close to each other, right?l:)

car guys are awesome.....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts