Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to order a new manifold for my BBC. I was all planned to get a Performer RPM but then I flip thru my new Summit and they have the Air Gap RPM manifolds for BBC. My question is which would you get? Please...i'm gonna order it tomorrow, and i'm not worried about the extra $50, kinda an X-mas present for my Velle.
Thanks. Also, I like the new icons and stuff here...adds a little life.

------------------
ACES member #3339
Owner of 69' SS396 Chevelle
Get paid to surf the web ($20/month). It's free to join and it takes
about a minute. Refer people to earn $5000+ per month
Just go to:

http://alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=guo-058

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have you tried a search using "air gap" and "performer?" You'll find a lot of info that'll make your choice easier...Also, details on your rat would help too...General cam grind (high/low end), heads, carb, gears and use (daily drvr, suday cruiser, race) will help the experts (not me) answer your question...

------------------
68 El Camino...Slow, Much Work Required
98 Z28...Fast, No Work Required
Goodfellow AFB, San Angelo, TX -- Where? That's what I said..

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 57 Chevy with a small block and I am running the air gap. Not only does it keep your carb cooler it looks way cool.
I would recommend the air gap. Also because a lot of people havn't seen them yet it is a great conversation piece.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are the specs on my engine...
396 bored .030 over
10.25 compression(estimate)
ported rect. port heads/2.19in.-1.88ex.
comp cams 240 degrees intake-246ex.
.570in. lift-.578ex. lift
Holley 750DP
headers w/ dual 2.5 exhaust-also have dual 3" set up.
4-speed
4.56 gears
The car was a daily driver, but now that I am in college I only see it every few months. But I am not planning on seeing any drag time cause nearest one is a long haul and a BBC isn't too good in the gas mileage deptartment (especially w/ 4.56 rear)
Right now I am running an old edelbrock Torker 2 thats been ported. I want some more low end. I was set on getting the Perf. RPM then I saw the air gap and it says its the same except has air gap for cooler charge...or is it just a new piece of junk that will be gone in 2 yrs.? I doubt it though. I just wanted some input before my purchase, it is the first manifold I have bought brand new.

------------------
ACES member #3339
Just go to:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just thought i'd let yall know I went for the Performer RPM. 1. it is cheaper 2. it has been used for years w/ great success 3. the air gap castings look awful/ very rough
I should have it on hopefully by wed. or thurs. I will let you all know how it runs.
thanks again for all the help, and keep up the good work!

------------------
ACES member #3339
Just go to:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.