Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need advice on my 69 P.U.I. door panels. They are about 5 years old and the car is generaly kept inside. I had to keep the car outside in 100 degree heat for about a week. Now the crome plastic trim that is attached to the panels are comeing off the panel. It is adhesive backed ruberized crome. The adhesive is gone and I don't know what I can apply to the back to make it stick. It is only about an 1/8 inch wide and two sided tape is out of the question. Any help please.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Go down to the hardware store and pick up a tube of an adhesive called "Goop". GOOD STUFF!!! (You can even repair your sneakers with it.) It's a little gooey, but if you take your time with it, it should work.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Why not go to your local Pep Boys (or whatever) and buy a tube of "Permatex Super Weatherstrip Adhesive" (red box about the size of toothpaste). It's yellow and a bit runny if you are too generous with it, but if you use it sparingly, and follow the directions, it will stick like a hobo on a ham sandwich for as long as you want it to. (probably a bit longer if you ever try to remove it)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just bought some new PUI door panels today from a guy that has had them for a while. I got home and found two sections of chrome peeling. I was wanderin what will get the glue off the vinyl and chrome if things get messy. Was thinking of Goof Off or Ooops without hurting the vinyl and chrome? Thought I would test on the back side. Any other ideas? Steve

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have a P.U.I. interior in my car, it's about 7 years old and now the vinyl on the door panels is coming unglued form the carboard backing. I'm not a happy camper! Dave

·
Premium Member
2,235 Posts
Great. I'm on my second set since June of this year for the same problem. I got some help on some seat covers a few years back from PUI, nice people, maybe they don't know about this concern.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts