Team Chevelle banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to try a PCV on my engine ......I dont have a port on my carb or room for carb spacer etcetc on my my dual plane air gap intake there is a port on one runner ..pbly for power brake fitting any reason I could not vent my pcv into that runner

·
Premium Member
4,979 Posts
You don't want to do that, you will flow air to that cylinder through the PCV and make it run lean.

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it will effect that much .Hmmm I cant see where I could vent the pcv that would give me equal distribution in the manifold

·
Premium Member
4,979 Posts
If you can't get a spacer in there, why not drill/tap a hole in one side of the plenum for a fitting. Then the PCV will be shared by four cylinders.

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you can't get a spacer in there, why not drill/tap a hole in one side of the plenum for a fitting. Then the PCV will be shared by four cylinders.

Yes your correct the best I could do is plumb to one bank .........pbly will do that ........ Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I do ....... I had it off last nite for some other work took a quick look did not see anything my baseplate pretty thin ...but if its there great Thanks will check it out

·
Premium Member
4,811 Posts
on my my dual plane air gap intake there is a port on one runner ..pbly for power brake fitting any reason I could not vent my pcv into that runner
Like stated above. Do not use that port for the PCV. I tried that and it constantly oil fouled spark plug#8. I have a small spacer under my carb with a fitting in the rear. You can sort of see the setup here..Engine pic

·
Premium Member
4,387 Posts
Yes I do ....... I had it off last nite for some other work took a quick look did not see anything my baseplate pretty thin ...but if its there great Thanks will check it out
Bill, there was a plug in mine the same color as the base plate. The hole is the correct size to tap a 1/4' (I think) pipe thread

Geeez, my memory is going or maybe gone . I am sure there was already a hole there but quite possible I drilled and tapped it. I actually talked to Patrick about the vacuum port and he told me what to do.

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bill, there was a plug in mine the same color as the base plate. The hole is the correct size to tap a 1/4' (I think) pipe thread

OK I'm sure your correct will look closer this time ....... that will solve my problem ..........geez you know your getting old when others know more about your car than you do :yes:

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wrell no such luck on my carb base plate not thick enough to drill a hole for a 1/4' hole and no plug ........will try to vent to one side of intake ....not the best but what else can I do .....zero room for a carb spacer

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A little more work, but you could vent it to the headers.Just a thought.
I have been running a race type pan evac on the street to one header ......it does work but under prolonged idle or slow speed high vacuum it works too good the header scavenge the vapour and and pulls oil out with vapour making for a smokey idle ....... have not been able to bafle it to solve problem ..so want to try pcv for street use ..........going to plumb to one side of dual plane and see what happens

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.