Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Backing into the 8' wide door on my 4th bay is a hassle in the Chevelle, so I wanted to add a passenger side mirror. I bought a repro that looks pretty good, and mounted it. As I was drilling, my 10 year old said, "dad, doesn't it bother you to make holes in your dream car?"

Well, yeah, now it does, the mirror can't rotate it far enough inward to be able to see out of it from the driver's seat. If I sit in the passenger seat, it works great. Now I wish I hadn't put it on. But to salvage things, does anyone know of some kind of tricky convex reflecting film or something I could put on it to make it a wider angle? I can buy one of those round mirrors you put on a truck mirror, but that would probably look cheesey.

By the way, were passenger mirrors an option back then?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have always run dual mirrors, worked great. But this time I got the same problem you have (repos). So, in my infinate wisdom, I just took the mirror off and kept pressing it in the direction it needed to go and "stretched" the hole so it can move over far enough. Still tight and works, just scared the bagesus out of me while I did it
I don't think OEM stuff needs that kind of attention

------------------
71-72 Malibu
"I'm high all right, but on the real stuff
High octane gasoline
A clean windshield
And a shoe shine"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.