Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I need some more advice. I am still working on the 350 going in my 71 Malibu. The only thing I'm keeping is the block (.60 over) and the crank (.10 under). I have narrowed my choice of parts down and wondered if anyone has any input or comments on any of these (good or bad) before I sink the cash. Im buying most of this stuff from Summit so here goes. Sportsman II heads (64cc angle plug, stage II rods, KB flat-tops (9.5 to 1) , Comp Cams 280H, Performer RPM intake and Holley 750 carb. I already have headers and a Unilite Dist. I'll keep the TH350 but add an 11 inch stall.. anyway if anyone has any advice let me know, everyone has been a great help and so far the build up is going good.

·
Registered
13,151 Posts
I personally prefer to use Federal Mogul hypereutectic pistons because you can use a normal top ring gap.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
sounds like a good combination, should run good! Get yourself a good high rise dual plane intake and a 750 holley and you will be all set..oh yeah dont forget the 3:73 gears to make it all come together!

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
55 chevy prostreet

·
Premium Member
3,438 Posts
thats what I get for getting called away..you already had a good intake and carb listed in your question, sorry!

------------------
70 chevelle ss396 conv
66 chevelle ss396 hdp/conv
55 chevy prostreet

·
Registered
13 Posts
Those heads are really screaming for a bigger cam I think. Try the 286Magnum or something similar. Other than that sounds like a good combo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.