Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Tail lights
I have Brake Lights
I should have instrument lights(Will have to wait till night)
I have right blinking directional light on the instrument cluster(When the parking / head lights are not on).
http://www.chevelles.com/forum/Forum22/HTML/001865.html

Now what still does not work correctly:
When the parking / Head lights are on the right turn signal is on, but not flashing.
I still have the problem with the left turn signal(Dim), when I turn the Right Turn Signal on.

I still do not know if I have backup lights(Emergincy braks are not hooked up and I do not have an assistant to look for me..

I have alot of work ahead of me today.
I see a PO [email protected]$ck-Up(Wiring) and the fuel pump is not pumping to it's max..

------------------
Steven K.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
"When the parking / Head lights are on the right turn signal is on, but not flashing."

First it's still a good idea to give the dash cluster a solid ground as I mentioned yesterday. Problem here is an open ground providing power to right turn signal lamp on the dash. Guessing it is the front lamp doing this. Gain access to the front right turn signal lamp. Turn the headlights on. With a jumper wire touch the bulb base right where the glass meets the base. Touch the other end to a good frame ground. See if the inside signal lamp goes off. If it does, bad ground, bad or dirty socket on the front lamp.

"I still have the problem with the left turn signal(Dim), when I turn the Right Turn Signal on."

May be related to the other items. Put the ground strap in and troubleshoot the right side first.

"I still do not know if I have backup lights(Emergincy braks are not hooked up and I do not have an assistant to look for me."

See if you have 12 volts to a good ground on the dark green wire of the back-up light switch. Switch is located on the lower top part of the column under the dash. The key should be on. Dark green is the input. Where the car is in reverse, power should be on the light green (output).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You John, for the Help(I truly mean it..)
Patrick came home and we went through the drill.
The right Backup Light works, but the left does not.

Still have a solid R-Turn signal indicator, when the Parking / Head light are turned on..
Still have a dim Blinking Left Turn Signal and a Bright Blinking Right Turn Signal, when the directional turn switch is switched to right.
Still have a Bright Blinking Left Turn Signal, when the directional turn switch is switched to Left(That is a Good thing).
Patrick just told me he has no low beams, but that has been that way.
Patrick just told me he has no License Plate Lights, I just checked he does not
- I am betting a bad ground, for both / burnt out bulbs on the LPLights.

------------------
Steven K.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Steven
Have you installed the extra dash bezel ground and tried the jumper to the bulb idea above? After doing that you still have the right indicator lamp on (headlights on)?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John - Patrick went to work with the Elky.
He said he would not be caught dead again in the Trash Car(96 Hyundai Accent).

There was no way of talking him out of driving off, in the 64-Elky.
He was quit adamant. It is his car. I will only drive the Trash Car, if the Elky does not run..

I will have to wait....

------------------
Steven K.

Patrick came home, we checked out the backup light and the LPLight.
LPLights, need rebuilding Wire & Sockets are bad..
Bet it is the same for the Backup Light(look in to it further)..

[This message has been edited by 64elky's_Dad (edited 04-25-2002).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts