Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
LUIS according to my books and research your part number should be 5470263 for a 70 SS the top was more squared and wider shaped the cover will be gold colored and the master cyl should be cast iron colored,( some other years were painted black) hope this helps TJnelson

·
Registered
321 Posts
also...

there are air bleeder screws coming out at an angle above ports for the connecting brakelines.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Hey Luis -

This is a good example of having different information from different sources, and why when we build the Team Chevelle parts database, that it shouldn't be put together based on people's submissions. tjnelson's part # (5470263) comes from the Chevelle SS Restoration Guide by Paul Herd, which I bought and think is a piece of s**t. According to the GM parts catalog, the correct part # for 69-70 Chevelle with power disk brakes is #5469400.

------------------
Rainer
'68 SS396
'70 LS3 400 Malibu
[email protected]

·
Gold Founding Member
63,697 Posts
(deleted my stupid comment)

Anyway what I was really going to say is;
Have you checked at your local parts houses ?

I don't think I paid that much for my rebuilt one but that was a while back.

------------------
Dean Call
Overland Park KS.
A.C.E.S. # 00235
N.C.O.A. # 4350

macc.chevelles.net

[This message has been edited by Dean (edited 03-10-99).]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Luis I did get the part number out of the chevelle ss restoration guide. My 70 ss is in winter storage still im not sure if i can get a part # off the cylinder or not. Ranier is probably right although the ss resto guide seems to be very full of info it could be full of B.S. I have a friend who is an old parts guy in a huge chev dealer, he so far has answered all my requests, and ill see if he knows. sorry if I gave you false info tjnelson

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys, thank you for your replies. It's amazing at the prices of NOS parts. I was asked $250.00 for the master cylinder. I'm going to buy a correct used one and rebuilt it. I don't think I'm going to be stopping frequently after October. We are on our way to Italy for the next 3 1/2 years. Any offers??????

[This message has been edited by Luis (edited 03-11-99).]

·
Registered
79 Posts
Luis,

I just called my lps (local parts store) last night to inquire about a rebuilt master cylinder for my '70 w/ power discs in front and drums in rear.

Their price: $23.50
I assume this includes a core, but I thought I would share the info.

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, Leo!!
I'm having a friend of mine check in P.R. to see if he can find a NOS one. I'm debating if I should sell my Chevelle or not. Did you sell your car?
You have a great day!
Luis!!70SS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.