Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone decode the following part number for me? #3899862 (I know they are Chevelle fender SS emblems, but for what year?) I am also looking for the part numbers for 1970 SS fender emblems. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I have a couple of S.S. emblems off a '70 car, I'll get the #'s on the back and post them for you.

------------------
' 72 Malibu project ACES # 1282 Team Member # 427
' 70 C-10 Pickup

·
Registered
341 Posts
I looked in a GM parts book and found the emblems, but couldn't find the part number you listed which means one of two things: The part was discontinued before this book was republished, OR the part number changed and that would not show in this particular book. Call ANY GM dealer and ask them to check it for you and if that's too hard for them to do for you, email me back and I'll call my local Chevy dealer who would be happy to oblige.

------------------
Team Chevelle Gold #33
ACES Member #02913
Chevelle Club of Michigan
Livonia, Michigan / USA
Rode shotgun in the only Z16 convertible made.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
The part number for the 70 "SS" fender emblems is #3953658 in my 70 parts book, and that same number was on the boxes of the NOS set that I bought in the late 80's, so the number was never changed. As far as the numbers on the back of the emblems that you have, those numbers are not part numbers, but rather casting numbers. There are lots of parts that have identifying numbers that are not actual part numbers. Good luck in solving your mystery!

------------------
Rainer Seitz
Vancouver, WA
Team Chevelle Gold #50

'68 SS396 (soon to be for sale!)
'70 LS3 400 Malibu
'70 Malibu convertible 350/300hp
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reponses. Checked #s again. All are the same with the alphanumeric "3899862 ND" cast on back of all four. Part # on boxes they came in is "3917718 GR 8.147 LETTER" GENUINE GM PART typed on box. What gives? Need to figure these out. Maybe SS emblems for another GM model perhaps?

·
Registered
341 Posts
67 Camaro SS uses that part number, and that is in the GM book. Casting numbers are not listed in parts books, maybe the casting numbers should have been the part number.

------------------
Team Chevelle Gold #33
ACES Member #02913
Chevelle Club of Michigan
Livonia, Michigan / USA
Rode shotgun in the only Z16 convertible made.

·
Registered
13,013 Posts
They are for 67 Camero.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the help everyone, I really appreciate it. Now I can send them back to the seller and get the correct SS emblems this time. I needed NOS SS emblems for my '70 Chevelle I was sent these NOS emblems instead. Maybe I can sell the ones I received on the Camaro website.... Anyone have NOS 70 SS emblems for sale?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.