Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to scare up some NOS conventional Delco Power Beam headlights from a local supplier, but they have superceded the part # with a GE part. If I give them the original GM Part # they may be able to get them. I'm looking for the large round hi/low beam for a 2-lamp system (like on '71 & later Chevelles plus '70 & later F-bodies & Monte Carlos). They carry a diode symbol in the center of the lense with 'Power Beam' written on it and GM on the very bottom. I know the 4 round lamp system used 740099 4000 & 740100 5001, if that make sense to anybody.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
An update: Bryan, your part # is right on. Unfortunately the is a superceded part in it's place - a GE bulb. I was told by a GM dealer that Collins Automotive (a local parts supplier here in southern Ontario) bought up the old Power Beams. I guess they sold out and now carry replacements. At least I have a set for a 4-lamp system, a good score if you are restoring a '71 or later GTO, 442, Skylark GS...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.