Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just reupholstered my front seat (-69, split bench), and the grommets, sleeves or whatchamacallits where the lap belts go through the back have obviously retired. They just fell apart when I removed them, and I have tried to locate a pair of new ones. Could possibly use something from another car too, as long as they fit or can be modified to fit.

It's a flat, plastic sleeve with a flange in the back, you can see parts of it (or what's left of it) to the upper right in the picture. They have no numbers on them, and when I checked with the GM dealer they said that there's no number for it, it's probably included in the part number for the whole lap belt assembly. Does anyone know where to find NOS or repro parts?

·
Premium Member
3,400 Posts
I know just what you're talking about. Our old 69 Impala with bench seat had those, too, and were in about the same condition as yours are. Never could find any good used ones or repros. Unless someone has started reproducing them in the last 5 years or so, you're looking for a needle in a haystack.

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,593 Posts
I found some good used ones from a '70 by advertising in the TC Classifieds (public forum). The 70's were a little different than the '69's I needed that were missing, but I was able to mofify them to look the same.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, guys! I think I'll just ahve to put an ad in the classifieds to find used ones. Those of you who read my thread about junk yards know that there's nothing to be had around here. :(

Would be an excellent candidate for reproduction IMO. My belts were in great condition, and the only thing about them is that this grommet thingie and the seat belt retractor covers are crumbling to pieces. I suspect that this is the case in a lot of cars. Can get repro retractor covers for a measly $75 though :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts